To book this private apartment (alloggio privato locato per fini turistici disciplinato dalla Legge 431/98 art.1 comma 2 lett.c.), a partial payment is required at the time of reservation with any remaining balance due at least 30 days prior to check-in.
The 200,00€ security deposit will be due by credit card via the booking website at the time of the second payment. The security deposit will be released by the booking website within 7-days after check-out less any reserves in the unlikely event of damages, lost/stolen keys and/or lock-out service.
At the time of booking, you will be notified of all costs, in Euros, associated with the reservation. The Rome City Tax (3,50€ per person aged 11&up per day) is paid separately from the costs of your stay and is not included in the listed reservation total. The city tax will be assessed and paid in cash at check-in.
Prices include air conditioning, heating, gas, electricity, water, WiFi Internet and basic household supplies. (Please note that we comply with local and European laws governing the use of air-conditioning and heating and our guests are asked to do the same – DECRETO DEL PRESIDENTE DELLA REPUBBLICA 16 aprile 2013, n. 74.)
Household supplies include one shower towel and one hand towel per guest for the stay and a courtesy selection of shower gel, shampoo, hand soap, dish soap and one roll of toilet paper per guest. Linens will be provided for the bed(s) along with one pillow per guest. Guests are welcome to use other items in the kitchen that may have been left by other guests such as coffee, paper towels, salt, oil, etc. These supplies are not replaced during the stay.
The final cleaning and linen fee is included in the reservation total. Guests are however expected to tidy-up prior to check-out.
Use of an available baby crib, extra towels and/or linens may have an extra price and must be requested and confirmed prior to the arrival date. The cost of extra items requested after the initial reservation has been made are to be paid in cash (Euros) upon arrival at the apartment.
We strongly recommend travel insurance at the time of booking to compensate in the event of cancellation or of a loss or illness while travelling.
- In case of cancellation more than 60 days prior to arrival, 100% of the rental fee will be reimbursed to the guest.
- In case of cancellation more than 30 days before arrival but less than 60 days, 50% of the rental fee will be retained as penalty.
- In the event of a cancellation less than 30 days before arrival 100% of the rental fee will be retained as penalty.
- Failure to pay any remaining balance due at least 30 days prior to arrival may result in an automatic cancellation of the reservation and all prepaid reservation expenses will be retained as penalty.
- A guest may modify a confirmed reservation free of charge up to 30 days prior to arrival. All modifications must be approved by Home in Rome and/or the property owner based on availability for the same originally booked apartment.
A reservation is considered to be cancelled upon confirmed receipt of an email to email@example.com and must be received by midnight local time in Rome at least 30 days prior to the check-in date to receive a partial refund.
In the event, the owner of the property must cancel a reservation, the guest will receive alternative options. If an alternative option is not available or is unacceptable, the guest will receive a full refund of any payments already paid.
Arrival and Departure
Having rented an apartment located in a private building, there is no on-site or 24-hour reception. Instead, a check-in appointment is necessary to receive keys. A complimentary check-in appointment can be scheduled between the hours of 15:00 and 20:00. Check-out time is no later than 10:00 on the day of departure. Failure to vacate the property by the standard check-out time without prior consent may result in supplementary fees.
Home in Rome will try to accommodate an earlier arrival and a later departure based on availability. Please note a supplementary fee may apply. All check-in appointments after the complimentary check-in hours may be subject to a late check-in fee between 25,00€ and 50,00€ depending upon the apartment and the time of arrival. Any special check-in or check-out request must be confirmed by Home in Rome. Please note that we do not accommodate arrivals after midnight.
Based on your arrival details, including flight or train number, which must be provided no less than 5 days prior to arrival, you will be provided a check-in appointment time directly at the apartment. Please respect the provided appointment time as it has been organized based on our availability, the arrival details you provided and our other already scheduled appointments.
It is your responsibility to update Home in Rome of any delays including changes in airport or train station arrival time, luggage claim problems, transportation issues, etc. Failure to provide at least one-hour notice of any delay will result in an additional check-in charge of 25,00€. In addition, the guest must contact Home in Rome directly to reschedule the check-in appointment based on our already scheduled appointments and commitments. A few days prior to the arrival, you will receive a check-in reminder email with all of the details and contact information for the appointment.
Specific Rules and Disclaimers
- All guests expressly assume the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises. The owner and/or company take no responsibility.
- The number of actual guests shall not exceed the number of guests stated in the reservation.
- At least one set of keys will be provided for every three guests. Guests are fully responsible for the keys provided at check-in and should always remember to lock the apartment door. The replacement costs of damaged/lost/stolen keys are the sole responsibility of the guest.
- The apartment is located in a private building. Guests should always be respectful of the neighbors especially between the hours of 13:00 and 16:00 and again between the hours of 23:00 and 08:00.
- The property and all its furnishings and appliances should be kept in good order and used as intended only, especially towels, linens, air-conditioning, and heating.
- Smoking is prohibited and pets are not allowed.
- There is no dedicated parking at the apartment. There are pay parking garages and pay parking spots located near the apartment.
- There is no daily housekeeping service. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the apartment or to be washed.
- Additional rules of conduct can be found by visting our webiste.
Home in Rome Srl (www.romefortheholidays.com) is a marketing company that provides an online platform for travelers to book properties in Italy. The company, its members, and its managers take no responsibility for personal loss or accidents that may occur while staying at a property. Any disputes shall be mediated between the property owner and the guest. Travel insurance is highly recommended to compensate for any personal loss or accidents while on holiday.