Booking and Payment
Thank you for booking our self-catering apartment on Booking.com. Staying in a private, self-catering apartment offers a unique experience with respect to staying in a hotel room.
Your credit card information has been provided to us by Booking.com and the reservation total (excluding the Rome city tax) will be paid by credit card at the time of booking.
In addition, at check-in, the guest will sign a credit card authorization form which will be kept on file until after check-out and will only be used in the event of any damages or for the replacement of lost/stolen keys and/or lock-out service.
The reservation price includes, air-conditioning (where available), heating, WiFi, electricity, gas, water, and basic household supplies for the total number of confirmed guests (including all children) as indicated in the Booking.com confirmation. Please note that we comply with local and European laws governing the use of air-conditioning and heating and our guests are asked to do the same (DECRETO DEL PRESIDENTE DELLA REPUBBLICA 16 aprile 2013, n. 74).
Household supplies include one shower towel and hand towel per guest for the stay and a courtesy selection of shower gel, shampoo, hand soap and one roll of toilet paper per guest. Linens will be provided for the bed(s) along with one pillow per guest. Guests are welcome to use other items in the kitchen that may have been left by other guests such as coffee, paper towels, salt, oil, etc. These supplies are not replaced during the stay.
Special requests must be requested and confirmed prior to the arrival date and may be subject to a supplementary charge.
The Rome City Tax is paid separately from the costs of the stay and is not included in the amount paid by credit card. It will be assessed and requested in cash at the check-in appointment. As of 1 September 2014, the tax rate is 3,50€ per night per guest for a maximum of 10 nights. The city tax is not applied to children under the age of 11 years.
You have booked a special, non-refundable rate.
Arrival and Departure
Having rented an apartment located in a private building, there is no on-site or 24-hour reception. Instead, a check-in appointment is necessary to receive keys. A complimentary check-in appointment can be scheduled between the hours of 15:00 and 20:00. Check-out time is no later than 10:00 on the day of departure.
Home in Rome will try to accommodate an earlier arrival and a later departure based on availability. Please note a supplementary fee may apply. All check-in appointments after the complimentary check-in hours may be subject to a late check-in fee of 25,00€. Any special check-in or check-out request must be confirmed by Home in Rome and special conditions may apply. Please note that we do not accommodate arrivals after 22.00.
Based on the guest’s arrival details, including flight or train number, which must be provided no less than 5 days prior to arrival, the guest will be provided a check-in appointment time directly at the apartment. Please respect the provided appointment time as it has been organized based on our availability, the arrival details provided and our other already scheduled appointments.
It is the guest’s responsibility to update Home in Rome of any delays including changes in airport or train station arrival time, luggage claim problems, transportation issues, etc. Failure to provide at least one-hour notice of any delay will result in an additional check-in charge of 25,00€. In addition, the guest must contact Home in Rome directly to reschedule the check-in appointment based on our already scheduled appointments and commitments. A few days prior to the arrival, the guest will receive a check-in reminder email with all the details and contact information for the appointment.
*Every guest must be registered with the local authorities as required by Paragraph 109 of R.D. 18.6.1931 n. 773. To satisfy this requirement, all guests are required to provide a copy of their passport by the time of check-in. Personal details will be treated in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679/UE.
Specific Rules and Disclaimers
- All guests expressly assume the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises. The owner and/or company take no responsibility.
- The number of actual guests shall not exceed the number of guests stated in the reservation.
- At least one set of keys will be provided for every three guests. Guests are fully responsible for the keys provided at check-in and should always remember to lock the apartment door. The replacement costs of damaged/lost/stolen keys are the sole responsibility of the guest.
- The apartment is located in a private building. Guests should always be respectful of the neighbors especially between the hours of 13:00 and 16:00 and again between the hours of 23:00 and 08:00.
- The property and all its furnishings and appliances should be kept in good order and used as intended only, especially towels, linens, air-conditioning, and heating.
- Smoking is prohibited and pets are not allowed.
- There is no dedicated parking at the apartment. There are pay parking garages and pay parking spots located near the apartment.
- There is no daily housekeeping service. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the apartment or to be washed.
Home in Rome Srl (www.romefortheholidays.com) is a marketing company that provides an online platform for travelers to book properties in Rome. The company, its members, and its managers take no responsibility for personal loss or accidents that may occur while staying at a property. Any disputes shall be mediated between the property owner and the guest. Travel insurance is highly recommended to compensate for any personal loss or accidents while on holiday.